A blog about whatever with lots of digressions

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Schroeder the Soothsayer

Guten tag.

As I sat on the back porch this morning, smoking my first cigarette of the day and having a cup of coffee, I again looked at the sky to look for signs of imaginary Allied bombers. Instead, I saw only a northbound airliner, the crescent moon, a westbound dove, and some dark, low, fast moving clouds, eastbound. Other than this scud, which is what low, dark, fast moving clouds are called, the sky was clear.

Like a soothsayer, I will interpret these omens.

The northbound airliner portends future travel to the north. Indeed, the grocery store lies somewhat to the north, about a kilometer away, and I will be going there sometime today.
The crescent moon symbolizes 'new beginnings and the making of dreams into reality.' (Answers.com) Hmmm, yes.
The westbound dove represents peace in the west, perhaps in Holland or Belgium, which makes sense as these are relatively peaceful nations.
It may have been a pigeon, though, and not a dove.
Ach so! But 'pigeons symbolize the same thing as doves, which is peace, love, and happiness.' (Ask.com)
Finally, the most ominous of the omens, the eastbound scud.
I do not see any affiliation with the Scud missile, which was used in much the same fashion as the proverbial arrow shot into the air against US troops during Operation Desert Storm.
No, I see the scud clouds as portending cold air, as they often move along with or behind cold fronts. (weather.com)
Indeed, it is much colder today.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Just for the sake
of rationalité,
Let's say,
that I soothsay
in a somewhat different way,
if I may.
Okay?

It could be that the signs in the sky portend  Armageddon. (Sound of thunder)

Peace-loving Western Believers, symbolized by the dove, could soon be clashing with Scud-missile-firing Eastern Heathens, symbolized by the low, dark, fast-moving clouds known as scud, and by the crescent moon, which is also a symbol of Islam. The northbound airliner could represent hordes of immigrants from Godless Southern regions, just to make the mix more interesting... (More thunder)...

But, nah, it really is going to be as simple as grocery shopping, new beginnings, peace in Belgium and cold weather. Everybody living in harmony. (Sound of chirping birds). The people in line in the grocery store with a week's worth of groceries will see the guy who's behind them, with only a carton of milk and a loaf of bread to buy, and they'll let him get in front of them. And there will be new beginnings for everyone who wants them. At any time. And peace in Belgium, both Belgiums, the French one and the Dutch one, as always. And the cold weather will encourage people to bundle up together, no matter what their faith, or lack of it. This is what the signs tell me today. 

Unfortunately, I know that there are more than a few 'peace-loving' Western Believers who believe that those who work for peace are working for the Antichrist. Really. So, as one who believes in world peace, in this world, I may be seen by these folks like this:



Whoops! Sorry, that's the way they see Obama. Let me try again:




Something like that, though it's not the effect I'd hoped for.
Anyway, the photo below represents the real me.



Yikes! Wrong photo again. Though if you go back to my last post, this is what I looked like around the time I was explaining how to pronounce my surname, Schroeder, to the girl in Glasgow, and a few years later, to the jail guard in Ensenada, Mexico.
Let me try again.




NOOO! That's not it!

Not usually.


Once more.




Ja, that's the one. I believe this was taken as I cycled through the Champagne region of France, back in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment